Friday 13 December 2019

Bashing a Bishop


Well - there still hasn't been any gaming. There is a game set up but just haven't made it into the loft but I have been doing a fair amount of modelling and painting. There is also a skirmish game with 54mm figures that I might put up some pictures of but that was so long ago I can't remember much about it. Anyway, I have been trying to get through the mountain of tank kits that I bought every time someone suggested that we did some WW2 gaming and of course I like to use up all the bits that are left over as well- Waste not. Want not....
What the heck is that? It is an early British self-propelled gun called a Bishop. It was used in the Western Desert Campaign and I have crudely fashioned this one using a left over PSC Valentine hull with a turret from balsa and plastic card - like they used to do in early days of wargaming when everyone was out to save themselves a few bob.


Looks a mess! It got better!


That Balsa turret caused me a few problems when it came to painting - just soaked right in! Hopefully should be able to show it in use at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant conversion/construction Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James - Am enjoying using skills that wargamers had to rely on 20/30 years ago - we are a bit spoiled these days but still plenty of gaps to test my ability!

    ReplyDelete