Saturday 22 August 2020

Hannibal at the Gates!

 So a while back I was enthused by the Punic wars. I painted up some figures. I had a game, tried some rules. Never played again. Recently found some stock so may resume but for the meantime here are some pictures:

The two sides square up.


Cavalry clash on the wings all figures 20mm/1:72 - I believe these are HaT.

Gallic cav from Qualiticast.


Elephants - the attraction of this conflict for many - these are again from HaT


Hannibal's Punic veterans confront the triple acis.


Numidian light cav (Newline Designs) lead the equites a merry dance (Not sure about the Romans; possibly front are Newline Designs and maybe some Italeri)


Hastati & Triari

And that's it really - I can't remember what happened but there may be more of this at some point,

2 comments:

  1. A couple of fine armies Green Tiger, another example of what can be achieved with 1/72 plastics. Nice to see some Airfix Ancient Brits on the table too.
    Regards,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul - I have been at it a while now - It used to annoy me when people said you couldn't paint them or they weren't proper wargames figures - A friend even now (half-jokingly) refers to them as my 'plastic-tat' - It's part of the joy to create armies from toys.

    ReplyDelete