Thursday 10 September 2020

New Book!


 

Once again I have ventured into the heady world of publishing to bring you an in depth look at the French Revolutionary Wars. This one is quite chunky and covers the Campaign in Flanders 1793-95. It is mostly from the British perspective though as this was coalition warfare the other major events are also covered. There are a lot of battles featured within the pages so if you are looking for some inspiration for gaming this period you need look no further! There are numerous maps and several orders of battle provided but I would recommend using Google Earth whilst you are reading - especially on the street view setting which will give you a real idea of the terrain.

Needless to say there will games reproduced here from the book (as soon as I have painted Austrian, British, Dutch, Prussian and French armies for the period!) so watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    I shall be ordering a copy, i believe its been reviewed on Carryonupthedale by Colin Ashton. We must have met, at the Helion conference in York ? You were talking bout such a book then and have been waiting for it to appear. Champion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John - sorry I missed your comment! Yes we will have done - might have been my previous book A Waste of Blood and Treasure we were discussing at that point. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete